Yes that's right.
Deliciously Ella book, this recipe, for blindingly obvious reasons, caught my eye and it wasn't even a question as to whether I would make it or not.
Ridiculously simple, gluten and refined sugar-free, and with items you probably have in your store cupboard already, if you're of the healthy living persuasion. If not, most of these bits you can pick up in the supermarket, or H&B.
Here we go. Prepare for a taste sensation.
Almond Butter Fudge
What do I need?
I used MyProtein's smooth variety
4 tbsp Coconut Oil - again, from MyProtein
3 tsbp Raw Cacao Powder - try Amazon for loads of different brands
400g Medjool/pitted organic dates - I picked mine up from Holland Barrett
1. Heat up the dates in pan with a little water until sticky (about 5 mins).
2. Pop these in the food processor along with the almond butter, coconut oil and raw cacao.
3. Blend until they form a big sticky ball (yes, I am well aware it looks like a big turd, hah).
4. Line a tin with baking paper and spread out the mixture into an even layer.
5. Pop in the freezer for 3 hours until firm and when ready to eat, take out the freezer to let soften slightly before eating.
Perfect for pre-workout or if you're fancying something little sweet, reach for this instead of chocolate.
Let me know which recipes you've tried from Deliciously Ella's new book.