The usual recipe isn't too kind on the waistline, so I've adapted it to create this paleo and sugar-free version of the teatime treat to be enjoyed without any trace of guilt. The sugar-free purists among us will say that this isn't entirely free of the sweet stuff because of those two little bananas, but hey, I'm not one of them. This is still damn good for you.
Ya with me? Here goes.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together your dry ingredients; ground almonds, coconut flour, cinnamon and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl mix your wet ingredients; oil, eggs, bananas and rice malt syrup (I got a bit mix-happy here and forgot to take a shot of all wet components together).
5. Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the batter in, smoothing to even out on the top.
Super healthy, super tasty, and gluten-free, sugar-free and paleo to boot! You are welcome.
I'm now going to try and not eat this bad lad all at once.
What other sweet treats have you turned into sugar-free masterpieces? I'd love to hear your recipes.